Hand Over Your Calls After Business Hours
After hours call answering services from Absent Answer allow your business to stay open around the clock by providing 24 hour virtual receptionists available to answer on your behalf day or night.
If your customers call after hours, our friendly receptionists are there to assist, answering calls in the name of your business and following your instructions in order to ensure a positive customer service experience.
How We Help
Why send important calls to voicemail after business hours? With Absent Answer, you never have to miss a phone call again. After hours answering services ensure there’s always someone available to take your calls.
After hours telephone answering services can help with:
Live customer support after hours
Work as an extension of your business
Shorter hold times, less abandoned calls
Friendly staff for a fraction of the cost
How It Works
Having Absent Answer take your business calls after hours is easier than you think. It’s as easy as establishing your account instructions, training our team, and then forwarding your phone lines whenever you want our agents to answer calls on your behalf. You can turn your calls over to Absent Answer at the same time every evening when your office closes for the day, during holidays when the office is closed, during busy periods, or on demand. We’re there to answer whenever your business needs us.
Here’s how an after hours answering service works:
A Customer Calls
We Take Action
Who Can Use After Hours Answering Services?
In today’s 24/7, interconnected world, there aren’t many businesses that couldn’t benefit from extended business hours and more accessible customer service. As a result, the use cases for after hours answering services are almost endless. From solo consultants serving clients across different time zones to medical practices with on-call doctors for after hours emergencies, there are a multitude of businesses that rely on Absent Answer to support their call answering needs.
Common uses of our after hours answering services include:
- After Hours Virtual Receptionist. Do you want calls to your business line to be handled the same way, even when your business is closed? Do you wish you could keep your receptionist on-call 24 hours a day? Our after hours virtual receptionist has you covered, and can pick up the phone, greet your customers, and process your calls for a fraction of the cost.
- After Hours On-call Dispatching. If you offer medical services, transportation, technical support, legal services, or other solutions that aren’t confined to business hours, our team can function as your front-line customer service team. We answer and screen calls, then follow precise instructions to dispatch the call to the appropriate personnel, like an on-call doctor or support engineer. We can also ensure only the right calls get through, saving you unnecessary interruptions.
- After Hours Customer Support. From resetting passwords to placing orders, there are a variety of tasks your customers may need help with after your office has closed for the day. Our team can handle routine customer service issues on your behalf and function as your after hours support department.
Types of businesses that utilize after hours call center services:
- Medical Practices
- Information Technology Companies
- Cities and Municipalities, Governments
- Property and Facility Management Companies
- Institutions and Higher Education Campuses
- Legal Professionals
- Contractors and Field Service Firms
- Funeral Homes
- Start-up companies and Consultants
- And more!
After Hours Call Center Solutions that Fit Your Business
Absent Answer can tailor after hours call services to fit your exact business needs. Examples of call center services that can be delivered after business hours include:
- Sales Lead Capture. A critical necessity for a successful marketing campaign is the ability to capture and handle sales inquiries on a 24-hour basis. This of course includes after regular business hours when your staff has gone home for the day. Absent Answer will work with you to customize call handling and scripting to ensure you don’t miss a single call. In addition, you will be able to track all aspects of your marketing campaign and measure any number of data points that you would like to report on.
- Efficient Call Routing and Pre-screening. Many clients reduce their costs by 40% by using our specialized voicemail pre-screening service. Many service companies use our pre-screening service to inform clients of business hours or other information. The caller has the option of leaving a voicemail for office hours or speaking with an agent in our call center.
- Telephone Order Entry. Save time and money required to handle order taking by letting our staff handle those tasks for you. Whether yours is a small business going through growth periods, or a larger operation needing help with after hours or overload order processing. Did we mention that we also train our professionals to up-sell and cross-sell in order to maximize your sales efforts?
- Help Desk Services. Commonly referred to as Level 1 Tech Support, many technology companies find that 90% or more of technical support issues can be resolved with the simplest of instructions. Absent Answer agent fills out a “trouble ticket” identifying the level of importance and then notifies the appropriate staff.
- Virtual Secretary and Messaging Services. Never worry about the accuracy of your messages with our highly trained call center professionals. Your messages can be dispatched via a variety of methods: text messaging to your cell phone for PDA, sending emails, faxing messages. Absent Answer’s automated message routing program eliminates human error when dispatching to multiple on call staff.
- Emergency Dispatching and Call Escalation. Some calls require immediate attention or support from an on-call professional or Tier 2 personnel. We won’t be able to run each call by you as they happen, so our team will be briefed on your individual escalation policy, ensuring we can handle every situation appropriately as they arise. We’ll adhere to your instructions at all times, and will monitor the situation until the appropriate person attends to any fault or the issue is resolved. Our after-hours support is a great way to keep on top of your business and ensure critical operations remain available to your customers, even when you’re not in the office.
After Hours Answering Service Features
- 24 hour call center staff. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so in addition to picking up your calls after regular business hours, they can also take calls during busy days at the office or when you have an unexpected call off. Whenever you need us, we’re ready to answer the call.
- Client-centric call handling. Our goal is to make sure your on-call staff member’s quality of life is a good as possible when it comes to being on-call. This is done by creating customized “dispatch scripts” within our software that follows their notification preferences for being reached 100% of the time.
- Smartphone integration. Our after hours call center allows you to update on-call status, view directory information as well as send text messages. You can also let us know that you’ve received our messages with our ‘one button check-in’ feature.
- Detailed after-hours call reporting. Our after hours call service can provide you with many types of reports to assist you with your day-to-day operations. These reports are available by e-mail, fax, or mail. Detailed call information reports show not only detailed data from the call, but also data about the delivery of the information to you, including your staff’s names and numbers as well as what time it was delivered to them.
- On-call scheduling software. If your staff has rotating on-call coverage or specialized instructions based on the time or date, our specialized On-Call Scheduling software will ensure the correct person is contacted every time. When changes are made, they instantly update our agent screen so they may dispatch the call to the correct person.
- Call activity and messages. Retrieve your message or information online without having to check in with a call center agent. Your staff is also able to view multiple months’ worth of archived messages at any time.
- Secure message delivery. Information securely delivered via SMS, email, direct and more. Have information delivered to you the way you want it. We can utilize SMS text messaging delivered directly to your mobile device, encrypted email, direct phone call to your cell phone for urgent matters after hours, voicemail delivery, integrated messaging, pager, or fax. We can also use a combination of message delivery options depending on the situation or time of day.
About Absent Answer
At Absent Answer, we’ve been answering the call since 1985. Each and every call, message, order and appointment gets handled accurately – 100% of the time. That kind of reliability allows you to focus on growing your business while we worry about handling your important calls and serving as your virtual customer service department. The personal touch that your callers feel is the same personal attention you can expect every day.
To your callers, we are a friendly, helpful extension of your team.
To you, Absent Answer is an accurate and reliable virtual assistant who knows you and your business. We are your virtual assistants who never miss a call, take a day off, or call in sick.
The Absent Answer Difference
Why choose Absent Answer as your after hours answering service?
Positive, Outgoing Staff
When we say we have the best personnel in the industry, we mean it. Our call service specialists have been with us an average of 8 years. The industry average is a mere 18 months. Some of our staff has been with us since the beginning.
We only hire positive, outgoing people to assist your customers, so you can have peace of mind knowing your calls will be handled in the most courteous and professional manner. Our extensive training program ensures that all of our employees are prepared to answer any question a caller may ask.
Highly Trained Virtual Receptionists
Absent Answer works closely with you to develop service benchmarks and create a consistent training program to ensure that all agents are fully trained to provide your employees and clients with exceptional service.
We would welcome the opportunity to have someone from our management and training team visit your office and review how to best implement your procedures.
Superior Quality Standards & Reliability
Our clients consistently rate the quality of our service as good/excellent 97% of the time.
Our service quality is just one reason that successful companies turn to Absent Answer to help them grow. Our call center has taken great care to make sure we have redundancy wherever possible in our operations. We realize that being available on a 24/7 basis for you requires us to have excellent up-time.
US-based call center
All our off-hours call center agents work and live in the USA. There is no offshore outsourcing.
Can you answer calls the way I want you to?
Yes, we set up each account together so that we fully understand your requirements and then train our agents accordingly. We work as an extension of your business.
Do you archive all messages taken after hours?
Yes. We keep a history of all your messages for 1 year. This also includes all voice-recorded conversations.
Does Absent Answer offer services nationwide?
Yes, Because of Absent Answer’s advanced technologies it does not matter where your business is physically located.
Do my customers still call my business number after hours?
Yes, your customers call the same published business number after hours. The only difference is that you forward that line to us when you’re unavailable, and the calls reach our after hours call center instead.
Get Started Today
Ready to turn over your calls after hours and enhance your company’s telephone presence? We are ready to help. Contact our account team today to discuss your after hours answering service needs and learn more about our affordable pricing packages.